Okay, so by and large, I only pester you guys for help with stuff when we hang out, and while i probably get pretty annoying about asking for helpe and favors with figuring out rules (not too mention turning this otherwise pretty cool campaign into a giant test game for my mod), prepare for a full strength annoyance.
I've got questions, and hopefully, anyone who actually reads my journal will try and give me some answers. (note: these are just things I need help[ with. if i seem angry its only because I spent the day fiddling with all of these things)
1. SKill tricks. I absolutely love them and it gives me a very bias view. THey require to mesh with my mod an immense amount of alteration, as well as some new form of integration. in order too fit in the system without conflicting with/ or making irrelevant already preval;en abilites, the number will have too be reduced from 42 to some similar number. additionally, the split shows D&Ds true colors, in that movement group has 17 available tricks, wherea interaction and mental possess a total of 13 between the two (a in interaction, 7 in mental), and this number needs revisioning. additionally, many tricks would further need to be developed too not only accomodate, but interact with facets of the mod not currently appropriated in the tricks (BDB, Shock Value, Armour DR, and so on), and new invention is always difficult as a matter of balance and overall blend. so I ask you... Is IT WORTH IT? and why?
2. more specific than that, is my difficulty dealing with a specific facet of Action Points. Feat simulation. Too many feats, that have inherent good uses, are onlyu too easy to simulate as the situation demands it, instead of actually taking the feat and spending the slot. improved trip, imp sunder and what not, while immensely useful and dramatic, have the possibility too become redundant, when one can simply spend an action point too simulate them instead of actually GETTING them. leave as is, or make an annoying albiet practical special allowance for certain feats?
3. is ANYONE, EVER, interested in helping me craft up some spells? I know your reading this....Bastards! MAKE SOME SPELLS! MAKE SOME SPEEELLLLLLLLSSSSSSS!!!!!!
4. okay then, so heres the deal with class defense bonus to ac. I have the charts. I have the rules. everything is finished on that front, and I doubt it will even need much tweaking once we start playing with it. I even have conversion of regular D&D 3.5 to class defense bonus rules. which comes first, the altered classes, or the defense bonus? If I bring out the defense bonus rules without my modified lcasses and a more complete system, the game will become much slower, fights lasting longer, and opponents harder too kill. if I hit you with it all at once... serious Head-Freakin-Desk. what do you think?
5. I love tactical feats. like, LOVE tactical feats. Strap some rubber boobs on Shock Trooper, call it betty and ill marry the damned thing. Should they be included in the game alteration? I dont want to use them without fully fleshing out a complete balanced set, the likes of which WOTC has hardly touched upon. fully rounded sets of tactical feats for many differing aspects of combat, socialization, spellcasting, and roguish pursuits. every freakin thing. its a lot of work. like, testing, tweaking, re-testing, original writing, ability trading, the frakkin list goes on and on with how much work something like that will take, and as you all well know, im only pumping out like ten pages of re-written rules every week. and this project will be at least 20 pages of work. how bad do you want them? (keep in mind, how bad do you want tactical feats I, being the rules-guy i am, made?)
6. lastly, just another chance for me too ask how you think gaming went this past weekend, what were the highs and lows for everybody, and where in general you would like to be. any comments? *GRINS*
thanks a million, bye.
|comments: Leave a comment|